Saturday 4 February 2012

The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing

How do I begin to review a book entitled The Slippery Art to Book Reviewing. That was the daunting question I asked myself when I finished reading this book. The best way I feel is to review it in the same way I would review any other book. That may seem like the book was ineffectual but this is by no means the case.
This book is a good aid for those who are thinking of becoming a ‘serious’ reviewer or wish to improve their reviewing skills, it contains some useful examples, reference material and in-depth explanations. I fall into the category of ‘reader to reader’ reviewer and although the book is aimed mainly towards the more professional reviewer I still found it interesting. It hasn’t influenced me to change my style of reviewing and level of participation in same but it has helped to reinforce my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment