Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Magic Cottage - James Herbert

Amazon Blurb

A cottage was found in the heart of the forest. It was charming, maybe a little run-down, but so peaceful--a magical haven for creativity and love. But the cottage had an alternative side--the bad magic. What happened there was horrendous beyond belief.
My Review
This started out as a nice ‘magical’ story of a couple moving into their dream cottage.  After you get comfortable strange occurrence’s begin, leading to a crescendo of magic, fear and evil.  I don’t recommend reading this in the middle of the night with low lighting…..scary.  I kept sneaking looks into the shadows……

A real page turner.  A few twists and turns, although I had suspected them it did not ruin my enjoyment.  This is the first James Herbert novel I have read (by recommendation) and was surprised and how readable it was (not full on horror as I would have expected from Herbert).  I would read more of his work in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment